Jun 18, 2007

more clean, more efficient

some stunning images of cars fit to appear in a scifi movie (next installment of "minority report"?) came out of the 2007 Geneva auto show, if this is what the new prius is gonna look like, then so long rest of the automobile industry.

Speaking of green vehicle options VW seems to be working hard at trying to cash in on green car buzz, as they just rolled out another model that gives you 62 miles on a gallon, no news of the long awaited honda diesel for the US market though like always there is this rumor of a large diesel engine for the Amrican market, the new buzz comes with a news of a 'plasma' technology that keeps the emission squeaky clean (some electric generator/reactor that breaks nitrogen oxide in nitrogen and oxygen ( most of earths atmosphere is made up of nitrogen) again something really cool, the reported mileage (62MPG) also sounds fantastic, plus its gasoline equivalent V8 power makes it good enough to be my next car (in 2010), all thats needs to be done on Honda side is to make sure they come out with there next generation of Nav system (anti aliasing fonts, bluetooth with PBAP and A2DP support, plus i wanna use traffic info/alert via the internet connection from my wireless provider, make it open standard based and drop the monthly fee, also let me create and upload my own POIs?, simulate a route before I start the journey) give me altitude info also, let me download my travel stats and map them to google map after all that all thats left for me to do is look for a house next to a Macdonald's where i am gonna get my supply of bio diesel, (it will work with bio-diesel with out any mods right?.

Speaking of cleaner high efficiency cars, you should for sure checkout this article by Daniel Weiss, though I do not support think tanks with any particular political leaning as I think that effects there objectivity but nevertheless this one is a must read as it comes with a lot of statistics in favor of higher government fuel economy standards, I think numbers speak louder then words.

0 comments: